Monday 22 September 2014

What is your name?


She looked up at him
He was smiling at her now
She lowered her eyes

He often came there
Into the small coffee shop
And always alone

He read the paper
Slowly worked on the crossword
Then waved as he left

Once when he came in
He asked “and what is your name?”
Shyly she said “Sue”

Her heart beat so fast
Boldly she replied “and yours?”
“My name is David”

“David” she repeated
Etching the name in her heart
Yes, she could love him

This week as an experiment I thought I would just imply both prompt words, nervous and note in the writing

Image found at www.forbes.com

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm sure there have been many folks in this situation, shy and afraid to show interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First love :)
    Exciting :)
    Even I thought I'll use both the words, but then used only Note :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you kept the theme without actually using the words, Old Egg. The message came thru clearly and I think this scenario is played out more often than we realize. So many ships passing in the night that might have been more if someone had made the first move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your haiku is beautiful. I like to read the story and then go back and read each verse as a separate poem.

    ReplyDelete