Saturday 23 May 2015

Walking on the beach



"Find a place to park
Look down there" she said, pointing
I pulled the car in

It was deserted
Mid week, not a soul around
The sun welcomed us

Walking on the beach
What a day to remember
As I held her hand

She was so petite
Paddling at the waters edge
Running from the surf

Collecting seashells
We both tried to find the best
But she always won

Gulls and terns weren't sure
They squawked high above us now
A crab scuttled off

Stripping off her clothes
"I'm going in" she said
Determined to swim

"Come on, you can too"
Now without a stitch on 
I gulped nervously

I kept glancing back
Were we the only ones there
Swimming in the sea?

I loved how she laughed
I'll always remember her
Walking on that beach

Image found at www.aciciachalets.com.au

2 comments:

  1. I like the gathering of shells..i hope they were kept as a reminder...and as Keith said yes..a memory to hold onto

    ReplyDelete