Saturday 11 July 2015

I am all alone


Now I am all alone
Waiting for the resurrection
Just like a convict
With a ball and chain
Branded for recognition
So I won't escape
Thrown here like a rag doll
Tormented by a scorpion
After being hunted down
It doesn't look good now
Witches poke me their lips licking
Still blind to my pleas
Snarling in my ears
But is me that is howling
Just like a werewolf
I'm ready to give in
Had enough of this heartbreak
It's still only 3 am

Image found at www.soundsofterror.com

9 comments:

  1. I told you not to have a sardine and marmalade pizza before you went to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystical and magical and musical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of rhythm and sound. There are some interesting near rhymes in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and sad poem. Heartbreak does hurt, sometimes it becomes our new skin too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nearly Halloween! Like the ball and chain bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Close your eyes and morning will come..it may not feel better but here are more chances of finding life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last line is perfect! This is something every insomniac can relate well to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those whispering witches, they seem to love the darkest hours,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete