Saturday 28 May 2016

The odd couple


I give her a hug
More loving than apostle like
We have long been friends

She is a blessing
She cares for me and I her
We are both broken

It is a friendship 
Of such a value for which
There is no high price

An unwritten pact
Tell no lies no porky pies
Life is hard enough

Joined in our sadness
Our lives needs some fresh gloss paint
Busy as buzzing bees

Don't push each other
There's plenty do that already
We have just got us

So we'll just hold hands
And are much stronger that way
I give her a hug


Image found at www.shutterstock.com

2 comments:

  1. It is such a blessing to have a friend like that - no demands, no expectations, just mutual support and companionship. I could benefit from such a friendship myself. Loved this, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful to have a friend like that. A blessing of both heart and soul,

      Elizabeth

      Delete