Wednesday 14 December 2016

Angels seemed to sing


Strange I never was a musical man
Though did mostly tap or hum
But I could just beat the drum

'Til I met this girl with eyes of green
Who flicked the hair from her face 
And walked with such amazing grace

Light opera was her passion then
Soprano in the chorus line
Heard her sing wished she was mine

I asked if she would go out with me
She nodded as her eyes did flirt
We went to our first concert

So it was that in time we were wed
On her finger I placed a ring
As angels now seemed to sing

Image found at www.scotsue-familyhistoryfun.blogspot.com.au

13 comments:

  1. Nice Robin 🎶🎶🎶

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Rosemary. I like the story and the fact that it has a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all your stories, I am most convinced by this one. I'm sure the two (of you?) made beautiful music together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world can use some beautiful music, such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful confident girl who could sing..........you were wise to snap her up!!! I enjoyed this, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm...i'm under the impression that the music-girl fell for your charmingly determined way to have her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On her finger I placed a ring
    As angels now seemed to sing

    She'll be singing her songs for life!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes angels collide and magic happens :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love stories and poems with happy endings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely; and that is as it should be.....love the story here, Robin.

    ReplyDelete